1. This competition is designed to foster friendly rivalry and these Records are only for 'Bragging Rights' within the Club. Info will be displayed on this site - updated as we receive authenticated claims of course.
2. The purpose of Distance Records is to encourage experimentation by club members on the higher bands and to recognise the technical achievement of amateurs who work new record distances.
3. For the contact to be 'recorded' it must be between 2 Bundaberg Amateur Radio Club Members who are financial members at the time of the contact.
4. The contacts are to be simplex in nature. i.e. the contact is NOT to be through any repeaters, satellites etc.
5. Contacts must be a full exchange and acknowledgement of callsigns and signal reports, including some information that cannot be predicted by either operator. This information must be exchanged in full on the air and not by any means of backup such as liaison on a different amateur band, telephone or via the Internet.
6. Distances are calculated from details of latitude and longitude supplied by the claimants. Claimants agree that the Committee's decision on their claim will be accepted as final.
7. Use this link to a pdf Claim Form & email it to the club Contest Manager for evaluation. [see the email link below]
8. Records in the following categories will be recognised:-
For contacts between 2 stations using standard recognized handheld equipment with self contained battery packs and recognized handheld aerials.
Handhelds to be used in a normal manner i.e. you can walk around while using equipment and it's not tricked up in any way.
Handheld to home or portable station is classed as a "Home Station/Portable Contact".
Handheld to mobile is classed as a "Mobile Contact".
BOTH parties must use handhelds to claim this category.
Something to inspire you to take your radio gear fishing or camping. ... can you do better?
|Home Station / Portable||Mobile||Handheld|
6M - VK4JRO Ross/VK4TZ Rob - 67.19km 16-Apr-09
2M - VK4JRO Ross/VK4TZ Rob - 67.19km - 16-Apr-09
70cm -VK4TZ Rob/VK4JRO Ross 67.19km 16-Apr-09
2M VHF- VK4FAUS Dan/VK4ION Gail 9.68km 1-Aug-09
6M - VK4XZ Bill/VK4JRO Ross 3.05km 19-Apr-09
70cm - VK4XZ Bill/VK4JRO Ross 3.05km 19-Apr-09
|HOME STATION / PORTABLE - LAST RECORD CLAIMED: NOV2016|
|Home Station / Portable||NEW 20M & 80M Record|
40M VK4FSTU Stu / VK4MDZ Gary - 2898km 25-Jun-16
Stuart was at the King George River Crossing on the Carson Track in WA, with Gary at his Buxton QTH.
Stuart also submitted a number of other point where he and Gary had regular Qso's, like Camooweal @ 1587 Km, Jasper Gorge, NT @ 2472Km, Gibb River 150 Km Below Kalumburu WA @ 2848 Km and Berkley River Crossing, Carson Track, WA @ 2852 Km.
This was a 1000km leap in our distance records from the previous 2012 record
And prior to that the records were;
40M VK4MAX Dan / VK4FDJB Joe - 1853.7km - 18-May-12
Cadney Homestead Roadhouse (150km Nth of Cooper Pedy) to Joe's QTH in Bundaberg
80M - VK4JRO Ross/VK4ION Gail - 969.8km - 24-Sep-09
Ross was camping with his family at Windemere Station just outside of Winton Qld
Into New Zealand Oct/Nov 2016 !
David VK4HAX recently travelled to New Zealand to visit a friend, Ashley ZL3WT, to help him erect some new aerials.
Using equipment at Ashley's QTH he become "VK4HAX Portable ZL" so the chase was on for contacts on 80/40/20M bands.
Several members made contact on 40M but the distance from the NZ QTH to Bundy was short by 137km of the standing 40M record. [So the VK4MDZ/VK4FSTU record from 25/6/16 still stands.]
Ross, VK4JRO was also on the hunt for the record and finally made contact with David on 20m (14.127Mhz).
They exchanged legitimate reports of 3/3 & 3/3 - not great reports but enough to claim a record at 2749km.
New 20m record @ 2749 Km between David VK4HAX and Ross VK4JRO - 2749 Km - 31-Oct-16
On the 1/11 both Graham VK4MOO and Peter VK4FPDG made contact with David on 80m (3.600Mhz).
Only Graham was able to exchange signal reports of 2/8 & 3/9.
New 80m record @ 2751 Km between David VK4HAX and Graham VK4MOO - 1-Nov-16
Note:- Even if Peter had exchanged a report, the distance to Graham's QTH is the greater.
|To have YOUR Distance Record recognized, email the Contest Manager|
|Contest Manager: Ross VK4JRO - send email to:-|
If you require additional information please email